In this section, we explain the kind of information we collect, how we use and share it, the third-party cookies and the tracking technologies we deploy. You will get familiar with your choices on Hawilti and with our Cookies Policy.
Hawilti Ltd (Hawilti)
Hawilti wants you to enjoy our website, app, and other online services secure in the knowledge that we have implemented fair and transparent information practices designed to protect, and provide you with control of, your privacy.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, Hawilti is the controller of your information.
1. WHAT WE COLLECT
The information we collect and the purposes for which we use it will depend on how you interact with Hawilti. For example, we collect information from you when you use any features in the Services; subscribe to our publications, newsletters, and other content; register for or order any of our Services; participate in a community forum, surveys or contest; and communicate with us or browse the Services.
- Information you provide to us.
When you use the Services, you may provide us the following:
- Registration, Subscription or Contact Information such as e-mail address, name, phone number, shipping address, and billing information
- Customer service information such as questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms, by email, over the phone, or by post; and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer care
- Demographic and interest information such as your age, date of birth, gender, interests, lifestyle information, and hobbies
- Financial and transactional information such as credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date, to process payments and information about your transactions and purchases with us. Please note: payment information goes to our payment processors and is not collected, processed, or stored by Hawilti.
- Employment or Education Information when you register or sign up for events such as education history, employment experience, business contact information
- User-generated content such as comments on articles, photos, videos, audio, any information you submit in public forums or message boards, reviews and feedback or testimonials you provide about our Services
- Survey, market research or sweepstakes information (including contact information and user generated content)
- Contact Information about others, (including personal identifiers) such as name and mailing address to send a gift.
- Social media information if you link your account or access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may have access to any information you provide to that social network depending on your privacy settings
- Other information any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
- Information we automatically collect.
We may collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Device information and identifiers: such as computer or mobile device model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type, language, and settings, and device type and settings.
- Usage information: such as information about the Services you use, the time, date, and duration of your use of the Services, referral information, your interaction with content offered through the Services, search terms used, our referring website, and software crash reports. We also collect information stored using cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technologies set on your device. Our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of the Services. We may collect such usage information at the individual or aggregate level. See our Cookies Notice policy for more information about how we collect and use this information.
- Location information: such as city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address and precise geolocation information from your devices, with your permission in accordance with your mobile device settings.
- Information we receive from third parties.
We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you, including
- Information from social media networks: When you interact with Hawilti a social media service or log in using social media credentials, depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that social network such as your social media account ID and/or user name associated with that social media service, your profile picture, email address, friends list or information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, and any information you have made public in connection with that social media service.
- Information from third party subscription providers and/or processors: When you purchase one of our subscription products on a third-party services or stores subscription (including the Apple Store), we receive personal information from the third parties that help us process subscriptions. Please note that Hawilti does not receive (or collect, process, or store) any payment card industry (“PCI”) data.
- Information from publicly or commercially available sources: We may collect information from third parties such as consumer data resellers that make available information, collected both online and offline, such as demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, and educational background, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
- Information from our affiliates: We may receive information from within our family of affiliated companies.
- Other information we collect.
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your experience in using the Services.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience using the Services in the ways described below, as well as in other ways to which you consent or at your direction.
- To provide the Services, for example, to
- process and fulfill your transactions,
- enable you to login to the Services,
- send you communications about the Services, communications you request, including newsletters, respond to your comments, inquiries, or requests; and legal notices, policy updates, and other important information about the Services,
- provide features of the Services (such as social sharing and comments) and post content you submit,
- administer loyalty programs, contests, promotions or survey
- to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or may be fraudulent, illegal; to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of Hawilti, its employees, agents, or users; or as required by law.
- Deliver personalized content and recommendations, for example, to
- customize certain features of the Services,
- deliver relevant content and to provide you with an enhanced experience based on your activities and interests
- send you personalized newsletters, surveys, and information about products, services and promotions offered by us, our partners, and other organizations with which we work
- facilitate the delivery of targeted advertising (including interest-based advertising), promotions, and offers, on behalf of ourselves and our third-party advertisers, both on our websites and elsewhere
- send you newsletters, promotional emails, surveys and information about products, services and promotions offered by us, our partners, and other organizations with which we work
- customize content that our third-party partners deliver on the Services (e.g., personalized third-party advertising) based on your activity on the Services
- create and update inferences and profiles about you that can be used for advertising and marketing on the Services, third party services and platforms, and mobile apps, or for analytics,
- measure and report on the delivery of advertisements
To enable us to provide these Services, we may use the information we collect to identify you across sessions, browsers, and/or devices. For example, if you use Hawilti.com and the Hawilti App, we may use your Hawilti.com reading history to personalize the content delivered to you by the Hawilti App.
- Learn about our users and improve services.
We conduct analysis and research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior, including performing statistical analysis of our users, their use of the Services, and their purchasing patterns. We do this to optimize and improve the Services, our products, and our operations.
- Combine information for all the purposes described above.
We may use the information from one aspect of the Services for other aspects of Services, and we may combine information gathered from multiple aspects of the Services into a single user record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, data collected from a particular computer, browser or device may be used with another computer, browser or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
As described below, our information-sharing practices vary based on the type of information and the type of recipient
We share information within our family of affiliated companies.
- Subscription providers
If your subscription is provided in whole or in part by your employer or other third party, we may share with them information about your access and use of your subscription. If you have a subscription associated with a professor or school, we may notify your professor or school to confirm your subscription, access or use. When providing this information, we may reveal limited amounts of your personal information such as your name or email address.
- Service providers
We share information with third party agents and vendors perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management tools, social media integration, marketing, analytics, product development or support, sending email or text messages, billing or payment processing, fulfilling orders, delivering subscriptions, auditing, and customer service. These entities will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality (as appropriate for the services) and security of that personal information.
- Third party content or advertising partners
- Social media platforms
- Providers of co-branded services
- Aggregate or de-identified information
We may use and share de-identified other information with third parties in a manner for any purposes.
- Other users of the services
If you use certain features of the Services that give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. such as community forums, chats, submitting a letter to the editor, any information you choose to submit, including your name, user name, location, email address, profile information, and comments, may be publicly available. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit and make public through these
- Business transfer or change
In the event of a corporate change in control (for instance, a sale or merger) or due diligence in contemplation thereof, Hawilti may transfer your personal information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets
- With your consent at your direction.
We may also share your information with your consent.
The Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, which operate pursuant to their respective privacy policies.
4. THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Read our Cookies Notice policy.
5. YOUR CHOICES
- Do Not Track.
- Emails and newsletters.
- Opting out of text messages
You may opt out of receiving promotions or advertising via Text Message at any time, by replying “STOP” to one of our Text Messages.
- Accessing your information
You can request to access, review, correct, update, delete or modify your registration or subscription profile information (if such information exists) and modify your marketing preferences (where applicable) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also access and/or update the information associated with your Hawilti Membership by visiting your account page. You may also access and/or update the information associated with your Hawilti App account by accessing the Settings feature within the App.
- Please note that if you have subscribed or registered for multiple of our Services or subscriptions, you may need to update your information for each account separately.
- The local laws where you live (e.g., laws of the E.U. and California) may permit you to make certain requests.
- Responding to requests.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request and/or on the basis of other information we use to verify you before implementing your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion or cancelation of such purchase or promotion).
6. COOKIES POLICY
· Cookies are small text files that are stored in your device’s browser when you visit a website that enable the business that places the cookie business to recognize a user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more websites.
· Web beacons (also called “web tags” or “pixels”) are tiny graphics or scripts that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online or mobile content, videos, advertisements, or emails. They allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, such as when you viewed the beacon (and thus the content in which it is embedded) and the IP address of the device on which you viewed the beacon.
· We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
· We may not have access to these cookies, although we may use statistical information arising from the cookies provided by these third parties to customize content and for the other purposes described above.
· Advertisers may use persistent identifiers, however, to track your internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond our Services.
· In general, the information collected and generated by third parties is processed and stored by the third parties and will be subject to their respective privacy policies (which we do not control and for which we are not responsible).
- Controls for Cookies.
Most web browsers allow you to modify your settings to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, however, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed. You can usually find these settings in the Options or Preferences menu of your browser.
- Choices for Targeted Advertising and Analytics
Many of the third-party advertisers that use tracking or targeting tools in connection with our Services either directly, or are members of programs that, offer you additional choices regarding the collection and use of your information for targeted advertising.
The Services may use Google Analytics to track your usage. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics’ tracking, use this browser add-on provided by Google.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks’ tracking and targeting does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will exclude you, however, from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
7. OTHER INFORMATION
We take reasonable security measures to protect your information, including the use of physical, technical and administrative controls. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You need to help protect the privacy of your own information. You must take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you may transmit over any home networks, wireless routers, wireless (WiFi) networks or similar devices by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access or otherwise unsecured networks.
The time period for which we keep information varies according to the purpose for which it is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
- Children’s Information
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Hawilti does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If Hawilti discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Hawilti with personal information and we do not have parental consent, Hawilti will delete that child’s information. If you believe that company has been provided with the personal information of a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
ATTN: General Counsel
New Grove, Mauritius